Wizkid And Burna Boy Lost The Best Global Music Performance GRAMMY Award To Arooj Aftab

 

The Blooklyn based Pakistani won her first ever GRAMMY award for the Best Global Music Performance ahead of Femi Kuti, Wizkid, Tems, Femi Kuti, Angélique Kidjo, Yo-Yo Ma and Burna Boy.

Nigerians anticipated Wizkid and Tems to win this category without any obstacle but it went otherwise.


In her acceptance speech, she said “I think I’m gonna faint. Wow thank you so much. I feel like this category in and of itself has been so insane”

Aftab went on saying “Burna Boy, Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Angélique Kidjo; should this be called Best World Music Performance? I feel like it should be called ‘yacht party category.’ But, anyway, thank you so much to everyone who helped me make this record, all my incredible collaborators, for following me and making this music I made about everything that broke me and put me back together. Thank you for listening to it and making it yours.”

Congratulations to her and better luck to Wizkid, Burna Boy and other nominees in this category

Post a Comment

0 Comments